• 50Hz- 18kHz Response Frequency
• Directional Polar Pickup Pattern
• Digital 16 Bit / 44.1 kHz Resolution:
• 56dB @ 1 kHz Sensitivity
• Output Voltage: 1.20Vms
• Type-A USB Plug : Bus Powered
• Mic Head Pivots 180 Degrees For Positioning
• 1/8th Inch / 3.5mm Headphone Output Jack
• Visual LED Status Power Light
The 180 degree swivel and directional condenser capsule allows for optimal angle placement for Mac Skype, VoIP, Apple speech recognition, or recording music on an Apple MacBook.
This device works well with Mac or PC. All that it needs is a USB 2.0/3.0 Type-A port. If you have one of the newest USBC MacBooks, a simple USB-C to USB Type A Female adapter cable will do the trick.
There's no need for Mac driver software installation: Just plug it in, and then play. With two condenser elements, it has a bi-drectional front and rear pickup pattern. It's hardware-based voice isolation technology will automatically focus on the primary direction of sound. The mic's intelligent Digital Signal Processor will also auto-mute during moments of silence to eliminate any unwanted background noise using the chips noise-canceling algos.
The Tiki excels at drastically reducing and filtering out keyboard typing sounds, which the internal MacBook mic is terribly prone to. Blue Microphones' product page has some sample sound files comparing the Tiki to the MacBook's internal mic: Listening to the difference is quite revealing.
As a dual element and dual-mode microphone, there's a push-switch to toggle between Natural Recording modes optimized for either speech or music. In a podcasting environment with two or more participants, the microphone's DSP dynamically detects the origin of the current speaker and switches focus of the front and rear condenser elements on the fly as needed.
Although it's tiny size and unconventional shape preclude using a standard microphone stand or boom mount, it does come with a USB A to B extender cable. That allows a bit more flexibility in mic placement during use if being directly connected to your Apple MacBook isn't desired.
Here are some notable facts about this tiny condenser mic:
- Integrated USB plug slides out for use, then retracts for safe travel
- The microphone element tilts and pivots to direct the sound field at your preferred angle
- Dual 10mm microphone capsules
- 16-bit, 44.1kHz audio resolution
- Smooth and flat frequency response from 20Hz–20kHz
- iPad (with Apple Camera Connection Kit) or USB-bus powered
- Protective carry case is included
- OSX compatible Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software
If you are among those MacBook owners who travel a lot or do field recording sessions, this product is right for you. Samson GoMic DIRECT is a portable audio device that you will definitely have no hassle in carrying. Wherever you want to be, this device will be easy for you to bring along.
Like many other audio devices, this Apple compatible microphone is designed with plug-and-play technology. Simply plug the Samson GoMic DIRECT into your Mac laptop’s USB port, set it as your preferred audio input device in Apple’s System Preferences > Sound settings, adjust it’s response levels and you’re ready for vastly superior audio recording over what’s possible with a MacBook’s tiny internal mic.
For any additional information, warranty info and technical specifications we might have missed, visit the manufacturer's website here.